Natural solutions for a wide range of health conditions
Natural healthcare is focused on the individual, not the disease, therefore the objective, according to homeopathic and NAET principles, is to stimulate the body’s own immunity.
For legal reasons I am not allowed to list all the conditions here which I have seen effectively treated with homeopathy, however here are some that have research evidence behind them:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome is often aggravated by food intolerances. Treatment with NAET can eliminate these intolerances, giving relief of bowel symptoms.
- Homeopathic treatment for depression has been shown to be at least as effective as fluoxetine (Prozac)¹
- Chronic sinusitis has been shown to be effectively treated with homeopathy². Certain foods can also aggravate sinus problems, so allergy testing and elimination is often helpful too.
- Premenstrual syndrome and period pains (dysmenorrhoea)3
- Homeopathy has been shown to be effective in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome6. Those suffering from CFS often have food intolerances too, so a course of NAET treatment can be extremely helpful to enable them to enjoy and benefit from a varied diet.
- Homepathy has been shown to be effective in treating migraines & headaches8. Certain foods can often trigger migraines, therefore allergy testing and treatment can be combined with homeopathic treatment.
- Low back pain9
- Post-operative bruising, pain or swelling10
If you are experiencing a condition not listed here, but would like to know if I may be able to offer treatment, please get in touch.
These are references for research into conditions which may be alleviated with homeopathy:
1. Homeopathic Individualised Q-potencies versus Fluoxetine for Moderate to Severe Depression: Double-blind, randomised Non-inferiority Trial. U.C. Adler et al; e-CAM, doi:10.1093/eacm/nep114
2. Witt CM, Ludtke R, Willich SN; Homeopathic treatment of patients wtih chronic sinusitis: A prospective observational study with 8 years follow up. BMC Ear Nose Throat Disord. 2009 Jul 27;9(1):7
3. Yakir M, Kreitler S, Brzezinski A, Vithoulkas G, Oberbaum M, Bentwich Z. Effects of homeopathic treatment in women with premenstrual syndrome: a pilot study. British Homeopathic Journal 2001; 90: 148–153.
Witt CM, Lüdtke R, Willich SN. Homeopathic treatment of patients with dysmenorrhea: a prospective observational study with 2 years follow-up. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2009; 280: 603–611.
4. Waldschütz R, Klein P. The homeopathic preparation Neurexan vs. valerian for the treatment of insomnia: an observational study. Scientific World Journal 2009; 8: 411–420.
5. Issing W, Klein P, Weiser M. The homeopathic preparation Vertigoheel versus Ginkgo biloba in thetreatment of vertigo in an elderly population: a double-blinded, randomized, controlled clinical trial.Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2005; 11: 155–160.
Weiser M, Strösser W, Klein P. Homeopathic vs. conventional treatment of vertigo: a randomized doubleblind controlled clinical study. Archives of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery 1998; 124: 879–885.
6. Weatherley-Jones E, Nicholl JP, Thomas KJ, et al. A randomized, controlled, triple-blind trial of the efficacy of homeopathic treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 2004; 56: 189–197.
7. Bell I, Lewis D, Brooks A, et al. Improved clinical status in fibromyalgia patients treated with individualized homeopathic remedies versus placebo. Rheumatology 2004; 43: 577–582.
Fisher P. An experimental double-blind clinical trial method in homoeopathy. Use of a limited range of remedies to treat fibrositis. British Homeopathic Journal 1986; 75: 142-147.
Relton C, Smith C, Raw J, et al. Healthcare provided by a homeopath as an adjunct to usual care for fibromyalgia (FMS): results of a pilot randomised controlled trial. Homeopathy 2009; 98: 77–82.
8. Walach H, Lowes T, Mussbach D, et al. The long term effects of homeopathic treatment of chronic headaches: one year follow-up and single case time series analysis. British Homeopathic Journal 2001; 90: 63–72.
Witt CM, Lüdtke R, Willich SN. Homeopathic treatment of chronic headache (ICD-9: 784.0) – a prospective observational study with 2-year follow-up. Forschende Komplementärmedizin 2009; 16: 227–235.
Brigo B, Serpelloni G. Homoeopathic treatment of migraines: a randomized double-blind study of sixty cases (homoeopathic remedy versus placebo). Berlin Journal on Research in Homeopathy 1991; 1: 98–106.
9. Stam C, Bonnet MS, van Haselen RA. The efficacy and safety of a homeopathic gel in the treatment of acute low back pain: a multi-centre, randomized, double-blind comparative clinical trial. British Homeopathic Journal 2001; 90: 21–28.
10. Brinkhaus B, Wilkens JM, Lüdtke R, et al. Homeopathic arnica therapy in patients receiving knee surgery: results of three randomised double-blind trials. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 2006; 14: 237–246.
Robertson A, Suryanarayanan R, Banerjee A. Homeopathic Arnica montana for post-tonsillectomy analgesia: a randomised placebo control trial. Homeopathy 2007; 96: 17–21.
Seeley BM, Denton AB, Ahn MS, Maas CS. Effect of homeopathic Arnica montana on bruising in facelifts: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery 2006; 8: 54–59.
11. Ferley JP, Zmirou D, D’Adhemar D, Balducci F. A controlled evaluation of a homoeopathic preparation in the treatment of influenza like syndromes. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1989; 27: 329–335.
Papp R, Schuback G, Beck E, et al. Oscillococcinum in patients with influenza-like syndromes: a placebo-controlled double-blind evaluation. British Homeopathic Journal 1998; 87: 69–76.
Brydak LB, Denys A. The evaluation of humoral response and the clinical evaluation of a risk-group patients’ state of health after administration of the homeopathic preparation Gripp-Heel during the influenza epidemic season 1993/94. International Review of Allergology and Clinical Immunology 1999; 5: 223–227.
Rottey EED, Verleye GB, Liagre RLP. The effect of a homeopathic preparation in the prevention of flu symptoms: a randomized double-blind trial in primary care practice. Tijdschrift Integrale Geneeskunde 1995; 11: 54–58.
12. Witt CM, Lüdtke R, Willich SN. Homeopathic treatment of patients with psoriasis – a prospective observational study with 2 years follow-up. Journal of the European Acadamy of Dermatology and Venereology 2009; 23: 538–543.